Guidelines & Etiquette
Thank you for choosing Old Trail, your home for golf. We appreciate your acknowledgement and adherence to our facility guidelines and rules for etiquette.
- Tee Times Reservations: Members will be given precedence over tee times with a 14 day advance booking period. Daily Fee play will be given a 7 day advance booking period. Large groups of 24 or more players will be given a 1 year advance booking period. Please call for more information. We encourage making a tee time to ensure that each member and guest receive their preferred starting time. Singles and twosomes are subject to be paired with other groups at the discretion of the Old Trail Staff.
- Dress Code: Collared shirts are required (Women may wear collarless shirts as long as the shirt is intended for golf use), Denim is Strictly prohibited. Those not adhering to the dress code policy will not be allowed to play.
- Pace of Play Policy: Please be advised that our suggested pace of play is 4 hours and 15 minutes. Please keep up with the group in front of you or you may be asked to pick up the pace or skip a hole if you fall behind.
- Preservation of the Golf Course: Please repair your ball marks on the greens. Please rake all bunkers and leave the rake in the bunker. Strive to leave the course in better condition than what you found it.
- Driving Range & Practice Facility: All players (regardless of member or guest) must check into the golf shop before proceeding to the driving range or practice facility. Driving range and practice facility hours are posted with the facility’s hours of operation.
- Golf Cart Path & Use: Each golf cart operator must have a valid drivers license. The golf cart paths are intended for golf cart use only. When driving a golf cart please follow all directional signs. Walking, bike riding or the use of motor vehicles are prohibited. Daily cart path rules for the use of golf carts (90 degrees from the cart path or cart path only) will be determined by the superintendent and posted on the website and in the golf shop prior to the start of tee times. All carts regardless of 90 degrees or cart path only must remain on the cart path on all Par 3’s. Please observe all cart signs and roped areas.
- Walking Policy: Walking is permitted for members anytime Monday – Thursday and after 11am Friday – Sunday during the Summer Season period. Daily Fee players may walk only after 2pm during the Summer Season period. Walking is permitted for everyone, anytime Monday – Sunday during the Early Spring and Winter Periods.
- Rain Check Policy: Rainchecks will be issued in the case of weather related instances on the golf course. 18 hole rain checks will be issued if you have played less than 6 holes. If you have played more than 6 holes in an 18 hole round you will be deemed to have played 9 holes and a 9 hole raincheck will be issued. If you have played 13 or more holes, no raincheck will be issued and you will be deemed to have played 18 holes. When playing only 9 holes you must have played less than 6 holes to receive a 9 hole raincheck. NO CASH WILL BE ISSUED FOR GREENS or CART FEES.
- Handicap Flags: Handicap flags will only be issued once the member / guest has presented documentation of his/her ailment from a doctor. The professional staff will have full discretion on the decision to allow an individual to use a handicap flag regardless of whether a doctor’s note has been presented. Handicap flags are for the sole use of helping an individual whose physical ailments inhibit them to from being able to walk normally required distances while playing golf. In order to take these exceptions into consideration as well as ensure we keep the best conditions possible for all players, we ask that carts may not be driven within 30 feet of greens or approaches. Additionally, carts must stay on the path when parked at tee boxes and on all Par 3’s. Handicapped cart privileges are extended only to players who are physically challenged and not to the additional rider.
- Personal Cooler Policy: Personal Coolers are prohibited at Old Trail Golf Club. In the event that a personal cooler is found in your possession you will be asked to either put it in your vehicle or we will hold the cooler in the golf shop until the completion of your round. Old Trail Golf Club provides a club cooler on every golf cart, which you are encouraged to use to store purchased items from our on-site restaurant and/or snack shop.
- Alcohol Consumption Policy: Per Virginia ABC laws, ALL alcoholic beverages must be purchased through the golf course. This policy will be enforced and failing to abide by the policy may result in asking you to leave.
- Gift Cards: It is our policy that all gift cards and certificates will expire 1 year from their issue date. We are unable to extend or honor gift cards, certificates, or coupons that have expired.
- Photography Release and Understanding: All visitors to Old Trail Golf Club consent and authorize Old Trail Golf Club (and their respective owners, directors, partners, officers, operators, employees and other agents) to copyright, use and publish any images in any format taken while utilizing club facilities or attending club events. Visitors understand these images may be used for a variety of purposes and may appear on the Club website, in the Club newsletter, for promotional materials or any other media now known or to be developed. Visitors also understand that Old Trail Golf Club or any entity authorized by Old Trail Golf Club will use the images exclusively for Club-related purposes and not for any other commercial gain. Because anyone can download an image from the Internet or make copies from printed materials, Visitors also agree that Old Trail Golf Club is not responsible for unauthorized use of the images, and are aware that they are not entitled to any compensation and that the images may appear with or without their name.
-Please enjoy your visit at Old Trail Golf Club-